Monday, July 09, 2007

Big Challenges Ahead

I recently decided to move on from my present job into a rather different and more demanding one. Change is never easy and for someone like me who has grown comfortable in my present place, this change was rather hard to make. A friend recommended that I read this book called Appreciative Coaching: A Positive Process for Change authored by Sara Orem, a faculty PhD member at capella university. This book inspires the reader to an appreciative and empowering view of themselves and their future and is targeted at individual coaches of managers, executives and, as to quote her, “those who do one-on-one work with people who can influence and create change in their organizations.” Reading this book made me feel much better about taking the new job and new challenges on. I hope it’ll work out well!

No comments: