Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Swap your Stuff

I was asked to review this new social media trading website called SwitchPlanet.com which is a platform for members to switch DVDs, CDs, games and books with other members for free. I tried accessing the site but it seemed to be down as several attempts to access it only resulted in a failure page. Nonetheless, I have heard some pretty good things about it from other bloggers and hence will be basing my review on their opinions.

When I first heard of the concept, I thought it was a brilliant idea. It was such a fantastic way to maximize your DVDs and books and to catch a wider range of movies or reads for the mere cost of postage. It’s definitely a win-win situation for all! I have piles of books sitting around and some of which have only been read once. Imagine the amount of mileage I’ll be able to get out of a book by sharing it on SwitchPlanet! Ditto for some DVDs and CDs I have collecting dust in my house.

SwitchPlanet is not only a great way to swap your media or entertainment paraphernalia to get access to any books or movies you might have been wanting to see but not willing to spend the money on. It is also a good way to meet people through their groups and forums. Who knows, while swapping a book or DVD, you might end up making a new friend!

*This is a sponsored review*


No comments: