Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lifelong Learning

Recently the Chinese association here had a campaign to encourage life-long learning amidst its members. They were surprised by the tremendous response this campaign received. Retired members were still keen to learn and sign up for a college degree and professional course with online universities such as Capella University. Their enthusiasm to learn was very encouraging indeed as they didn’t mind having fellow students who were half their age. It definitely got me thinking too as I recalled my approach to learning when I was in University. Back then, I was interested in absorbing the material just to clear my exams while these senior students were learning for the genuine interest in broadening their knowledge. I hope someday I could be just like them too.

No comments: