Monday, August 20, 2007

Cruise the Alaska

My parents have always talked about taking a cruise so when my sis and I started working, we set aside some money for them to go on an Alaska cruise vacation. We found a really great deal in the papers which included all airfares, hotels and transfers from Vancouver to the cruise ship. Why Alaska and not the Mediterranean? Well, cruises to Alaska were much cheaper under this deal and none of us had ever been to Alaska before!

I’ve read so much about how beautiful Alaska is with some of the cruises coming near enough for tourists to see the gigantic glaciers up close or step on floating ice floes to see seals basking on the ice. I’ve also heard that if you go to Alaska at the right time of the year, you might be lucky enough to catch the mysterious Aurora Borealis as it streaks across the night sky with its myriad of colours and sounds. Someday, I hope to cruise the waters of the Alaska too!

No comments: