Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Online Tutoring

Sometimes when I look at school children today, I do feel sorry for them. They are constantly pushed to excel in school and pushed into tuition for every subject by their competitive parents. I felt a little sad when I was talking to my neighbour’s little girl one evening and asked if she would like to go out for a run in the park nearby. She sadly told me she couldn’t as her mom had signed her up for a new Home Work Help programme by TutorVista. It’s a one-on-one tutoring programme to help students of all age groups excel in their schools, colleges or competitive exams.

The tutors featured on this programme are qualified with graduate degrees and have to pass a strict certification process before they are allowed to tutor on TutorVista. Reading up on it, I found that they currently have a great promotion available now for only $24.99 in the first month for all subjects. That was probably why my neighbour signed her daughter up for it now! However, since the tutors are available every hour of the day, 7 days a week, perhaps she could spare her daughter some playtime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to compare this against other tutoring sites, such as Vie-Nova, Tutoring, School Trainer, Tutor Easy and Tutor Next. Do you have any comparative data on this?