Monday, April 02, 2007

Marathon Night

I love Monday...nights! I can't wait to rush back from home, scarf down a quick dinner and plonk myself on the couch to indulge in my once-a-week crime marathon night! Yes, I know all you lucky Astro peeps get to watch the CSI marathon on Sundays, I think, but I'm still stubbornly holding out from crossing over to the Astro dark side! :p

The night begins with CSI:NY at 8.30pm on NTV7. Ok-lah...I usually miss the first part while doing the dishes but it's not too bad. Detective Mac Taylor has this dry look around him but he gets the job done pretty well with his Detective Stella who isn't that bad either. What I find, however, is a certain lack of chemistry between the characters which sometimes gives me the impression that they're just going through the motions. Plots are usually good - there's a crime happening in Noo Yawk City every few seconds so there's sufficient fodder to keep viewers tuned! Verdict: 3 thumbs up!

Then it's a break from CSI with my favourite NCIS at 9.30pm on 8TV! Ooh how I love this one! There's lots of bantering between the characters, witty conversation filled with nuances, hints of romance and they work really well as a team. Plots are great (usually navy-related) and Officer Gibbs seems to have a mysterious past that leaves me guessing at the tantalising bits they throw out every now and then and who can't help but love the cheerful, old Dr. Mallard. Verdict: 5 thumbs up!

Then it's a 15 minute pee break while I attempt to watch the Mandarin news (it's mostly background noise to banana me!) while waiting for CSI:Miami at 10.45 on NTV7. Now, I've got a bit of a bone to pick about this one so fans, leave now! I do not like CSI:Miami! I wish they would swap places with CSI but I figure doing so would probably result in fewer viewers for CSI:Miami! I do not like Horatio who reminds me of a really dry wrinkled paper parchment and his side-kick, Calleigh Duquesne, irritates me to no end! Must be the way she talks! Plots are usually sea-related and are oklah, quite good but argh..the cast spoils it for me! 1.5 thumbs up *runs away from CSI:Miami fans*

And finally my favourite CSI series at 11.45pm. It pains me how late this one is because I would have had to sit through and excrutiating hour of CSI:Miami and would usually be falling asleep by the time this one comes on! I love the chemistry Grissom has with his staff, I love Greg and I do like how they put the case together. The level of gore has increased lots since I last remember, often leaving me cringing. Verdict: 4 thumbs up!

So there you go, Monday nights frenzy which often leaves me with the rest of the week to recover from the lack of sleep! By the way, this is just my personal opinion so please don't come after me with brickbats! *ducks and runs*



7 comments:

PB said...

Wooh! NCIS!!! lurve Ziva - esp when she drives LOL..... TAG TAG TAG!

Tine said...

My fave's CSI Las Vegas. The others don't even come close. Greg's such a sweetie :P

Pink Elle said...

Paris - Woah...being snowed under with tags! :O

Tine - Welcome! :) Thanks for dropping by! Greg's cute isn't he?!Smart too! :)

L B said...

LVCSI is still the tops!!!

Hmm, you like tags, izzit?.....

Pink Elle said...

LB - Tags are oklah..forces me to take a look at myself! ;)

I couldn't stay up for LVCSI! Boohoo...

Tummythoz said...

U've just described my Mondays with d likes & dislikes! Hi-5, low-5 & let's do d bum-bum too! Yeah!

Pink Elle said...

Tummythoz - Yeah and guess what? It's Monday again! Woohoo! :)