Tuesday, April 24, 2007

When it rains, it pours

I woke up on Saturday morning to the sound of rain in my room. In a state of sleepy semi-consciousness, it is NOT a good thing to wake up to! Peering blearily up at my aircond, I noticed a steady trickle of water coming down from the unit, hitting my shopping bag of clothes which was strategically placed right under it! Should have heeded mom's words about cleaning up my room! I swear, there's nothing worse than having your weekend lie-in denied by things such as dripping airconds!

The persistent peeing from the aircond stopped after 2 days. But that also meant it was already the start of the working week which meant no more lie-ins! Then this morning after my shower, I walked into my room, switched on the light and *POP* my buggering light blew! All 3 beautiful bulbs! Now I'm hoping very hard that the electricity wasn't affected by the water from the dripping aircond! Maintenance is going to have a very big piece of my mind *shakes fist at contractors*

I need me a Bob the Builder! And a good one at that!

2 comments:

may said...

well, the "global airconditioning" is leaking here too... it's been raining the past couple of days! LOL! no sunny days out on the beach... *sigh*

Pink Elle said...

Sorry to hear that May :( Well, rainy days are a great time to snuggle under that duvet with a mug of hot chocolate and a great book...or better still, with a nice warm companion! ;)