Thursday, May 10, 2007

Beware Of The Suited People

I've been recently aware of some girls clad in office suits hanging around the mall. I didn't notice them initially until I thought that the square backpacks they had on their back looked a little out of place with their suits.

I got accosted once by one of them and she started launching into some sales pitch. Thankfully I don't understand Cantonese and so I shook my head and hurried away. Now, whenever I go into the mall, I notice one or two of them strolling up and down, blending into the crowd as they try to catch someone's eye. I often keep a wide berth when I see them coming though they've tried talking to me again.

Honestly, I'm not sure what they're trying to sell or push. It could possibly well be a legit business but my intuition tells me it can't something good. Otherwise why must the sale be conducted in such a surreptitious manner and why do they only approach certain people? *suspicious mind*

Anyway, having said that, this is a community message from PinkElle - Beware the Suited People! Heh...this reminds me of Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar from Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere!

3 comments:

L B said...

Those are the times when one can engage in an obstacle course at the Mall! Good exercise..

may said...

I love Neil Gaiman!! did you read his latest novel, Anansi Boys? that's so cool. Neverwhere is one of my favourites too.

Pink Elle said...

Not only good exercise, LB but you can practise your sleuthing skills too when you're trying to look out for them!

Hi May! I haven't read Anansi Boys! I fell in love with his books after Neverwhere and tried reading American Gods and Smoke and Mirrors but those two were just a little too strange, especially American Gods. Maybe I'll give Anansi Boys a go!