Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hitting Blanks

Blogging is ironical...there are times when my creative juices flow like anything and I churn out post after post without a doubt and there are other times when I just keep hitting blank walls when I try to write something.

Maybe it has something to do with how I'm feeling outside my fluffy dandelion life here. Things seem to be hitting a bit of a blank wall. Maybe because I still don't know what I want or maybe because I'm in one of those "blah" moments. I think back of the young, enthusiastic me while I was in University. At that age power suits, laptops, business trips and busy long days seemed to exciting! It was as if they were symbols of me arriving in the great big world out there. Now, all I feel is a little empty. Ironically, I haven't even reached that super-salary yet, meaning I can't retire! Outside work, I seem to be running into blank walls too. And you know something? Blank walls hurt when you run into them!

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to be a whinging post so I'll stop and count my blessings. I just wonder though, sometimes which is more important - the destination or the journey?

4 comments:

L B said...

Both are just as important, the destination and the journey. It's the ability to prioritize that's essential too.

I guess it's also the cycles. Some days I am so full of energy, ready to take on the world and all-comers, other days, gah, I am as lethargic as a weed, and bitter as well. Yeah.. bitterness is bitter! Mustn't succumb to that too often.

Yeah, what happened to all that vroom and phizzz when we first started working?..

Pink Elle said...

Thanks LB...think I was in a bit of a blue cycle but hearing from you brings a smile :)

Ms Fair Face said...

oh tell me about it. I suffer from blogging blues too and I have no idea what causes it!

Pink Elle said...

Ms Fair Face, the beauty about being a woman is that whenever I'm not feeling myself or blue, I blame it on hormones! :D