Last week I met a friend at Teppanyaki, MidValley for dinner as we were both having a hankering for some teppanyaki. The trick about this place is that you must always try to secure a seat on the table right in front despite their efforts to push you into the back. Otherwise you'll come out smelling like a stale cooker hood.
First things first, it's quite rarely when I rant about food. Normally I'm quite a happy camper when it comes to eating things I'm craving for. However, this place really gets the thumbs down from me.
- The servers are mighty rude. They glare at you without a smile when you ask for a seat and always very rudely try to shove you at the back.
- That day we were there, they roughly plonked our plates of rice down in front of us as if we were some prisoners. Hello...we're paying customers! And when my friend asked for her favourite pickles, they just said we ran out, no apologies what so ever.
- We ordered the beef set. The man brought over the beef really messily, spilling it all around my plate and when we took a closer look, found that it was undercooked in most of the pieces. When we asked for them to cook it a little longer, he messily scooped it up again to the griddle, dropping some pieces on the way.
- Ditto for the vege. My plate was starting to resemble a dog's dinner and I hadn't even started eating!
- The beef ended up being terribly tough and we couldn't really finish our dinner.
- We had hot green tea which amazingly ended up into brown tea halfway through the refills, then turned back into green tea.