Saturday, May 12, 2007

Our English Breakfast



Despite my efforts to eat healthier, I do miss slap-up English breakfasts I used to have when a student in Australia and at bed-and-breakfasts overseas. Nothing starts the day better than a hearty service of eggs and sossies and it keeps me going on and on and on and on like the Duracell bunny! Hehe...

It's been quite a while since I've had one so it was great fun to replicate a slap-up breakfast again at home! We had nice back bacon, BBQ sossies that split beautifully as they fried, eggs and mushrooms. And for the requisite carbo intake, we found some nice Oat and Honey bread, delicious topped with cheese! It was really good but somehow couldn't take me as far as it used to! I wonder what's changed!

4 comments:

may said...

damn, that looks darn good! ok, grocery shopping tonight, get some sizzling sausages and bacon!!

cc said...

OH yummy!! I love English cook breakfast. But can't have it too often. Why is yummy food always not healthy?!

L B said...

They don't do English sausages here in Italy, so I really miss them so much! Only gets to pig out in Malaysia, or London, on these!!

Pink Elle said...

Enjoy your slap-up breakfast May! :) Oz has some yummy fresh sausages that cost the earth here!

I love them too, CC! But yeah, why can't healthy food be yummy too?!

LB, I'm sure you get really good sausages in Italy too? Otherwise pig out on bacon :)