Sunday, June 17, 2007

UK Roaming

UK has always been one of my favourite holiday destinations, probably due to the healthy diet of English themed books I was brought up on as a child. So far I’ve only been to London in a few whirlwind trips and that vibrant city has already captured my heart. There’s lots of the UK I’m longing to see so I was thrilled when I found out that our family is planning a big trip to the UK early next year. As there are quite a number of us, we’ve been contemplating renting Motorhomes and RV's so we can travel around the English countryside with ease.

I want to see the beautiful cobbled streets of Bath and the gorgeous historical buildings there. I want to sit by the lakes in the Lake District where the poets penned their famous poems. I aspire to walk in the beautiful streets of Stratford-Upon-Avon and see the thatched cottages where Shakespeare used to live. And how can I miss seeing the famous Oxford and Cambridge towns plus a quite nip north to see my sister’s alma mater in Nottingham. There’s so much of the English countryside I’m looking forward to see, especially after all the stories I’ve read and heard from my family and friends who have stayed or been there before. I can’t wait for our trip and am glad we’ll be able to travel conveniently as a family with our rented Motorhomes!


*sponsored*

No comments: